A bit about me...
My name is Andrew Da Silva and I'm a marketing and communications professional. I've been working in this industry for nearly a decade and have learned from some of the best in the industry and the world. I've been mentored, coached, lead and managed by a lot of people who are far wiser and smarter than me. I'd now like to share the knowledge and skills I've gained over the course of my career to help others become a better version of themselves.
My coaching creds...
- University of California Davis. I've studied professional coaching via UC Davis to improve my coaching management skills in 2017.
- University of Pennsylvania. I'm a certified coach through the UPenn and studied under Martin E. P. Seligman, who is the global leader and founder of the positive psychology in 2017.
- Harvard Business School. I studied leadership and management at HBS through GroupM in 2012.
- University of Sydney. I've completed my bachelor degree at USyd in psychology in 2008 focusing on coaching, personal development and neuroscience.
My professional life...
Agency Life. I've worked with a number of leading global and local businesses as a senior planner and client lead with Uber, Westpac Banking Group, Foxtel, Canon, Football Federation, American Airlines and Universal Pictures. I've led big teams across a range of disciplines including media strategy and planning, media buying, full service creative, content production and distribution, digital transformation, business analytics and insights.
Industry. I've led multiple high performance groups at a company (MediaCom Advance and Business Planning), holding group (GroupM Next Executive Committee) and industry level (ngen via the Media Federation of Australia).
- Groups. I'm part of The Marketing Academy Scholarship for 2017 and a mentor as part of the Australian Marketing Institute (as well as holding a Certified Practising Marketer Accreditation).
Awards and recognition...
- Finalist and winner in AdNews, MFA, Campaign Asia, Festival of Media Global, Festival of Media APAC, Effies, AC+E Digital, Australian Planning Idol and Cannes across 2010-2017.
- eMMies APAC "Power of One" award win for chairing the GroupM nCo which supports workplace diversity and equality in 2015.
- B&T 30 under 30 Ambassador in 2014.
- B&T Young Achiever of the Year in 2013 (National Finalist in 2012).
- B&T 30 under 30 Winner in 2012.
- WPP Global High Potential Program in 2012.
My community life.
- Surf life saver. I've been a volunteer surf life saver for over 16 years and have held Chief Training Instructor and Patrol Captain titles (with numerous silver medallions and bronze medallion).
- Charity. I've been a contributor to KidsXpress, which is a charity designed at helping kids deal with trauma through leading expressive therapies across a number of projects.
- Duke of Edinburgh. I was a volunteer marine biologist at Port Douglas Low Isles as part of my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.